Chebeague & Cumberland Land Trust is hiring!
Position Title: Executive Director
Position Type: 30-35 hours weekly
About Chebeague & Cumberland Land Trust
The Chebeague & Cumberland Land Trust (CCLT) is a nationally accredited land trust with a mission to preserve and protect the intrinsic values and public benefits of the natural resources in the towns of Chebeague Island and Cumberland - mainland, island and contiguous Casco Bay - and to be responsible stewards in perpetuity for those resources in our trust. Conservation values guiding our work include protecting natural areas (forests, habitat, water resources), scenic and open spaces, working landscapes (agricultural land, working forests and waterfront), recreational areas, and environmental education. The Board of Directors consists of residents from both towns who provide direction, guidance and oversight for the organization.
The Executive Director provides leadership, strategy and inspiration to enable CCLT to achieve its mission. S/He manages the day-to-day operations of the organization, and is supported by CCLT’s Board of Directors, seven standing committees, and a highly engaged group of volunteers. S/He manages CCLT’s land acquisition activities, oversees stewardship responsibilities to monitor and maintain fee properties and easements. S/He oversees membership and outreach programs, and administrative operations of the organization. S/He is actively involved in fundraising and marketing activities and represents CCLT at community events. S/He supervises administrative staff, and volunteers, as needed. S/He manages and complies with the annual operating budget and complies with Land Trust Alliance (LTA) Standards and Practices. The position has a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, including a flexible work schedule. S/He reports directly to the Board Vice President and works out of the CCLT office on Tuttle Road in Cumberland.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
• Commitment to land conservation.
• Work experience preferred in land conservation or in nonprofit management or executive position.
• Ability to implement LTA Standards and Practices in all aspects of land trust operations.
• Ability to manage conservation projects, including acquisition of fee properties and conservation easements, monitoring and stewarding lands, enforcing legal protections.
• Experience with maintaining fee properties, including physical trail work a plus.
• Experience in fundraising required, staffing fundraising campaigns a plus..
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• A high level of motivation, excellent work ethic, and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and to bring various volunteers/constituents together.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including on occasion evenings and weekends for special events and activities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals should send a letter of interest and resume to CCLT Vice President, Rod Vogel at email@example.com. This posting will remain open until filled. Please use CCLT Executive Director Position as the email subject.